Complications in Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation: Prevention and Management 1st Edition < DVD sách >
The demand for minimally invasive facial procedures has increased exponentially over the past 20 years. In fact, an AAFPRS survey estimated that 80% of cosmetic facial procedures performed by their surgeons in 2019 were minimally invasive. Given the vast number of patients and underqualified practitioners administering facial surgery treatments, complications and poor outcomes are a significant issue. Complications in Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation: Prevention and Management by internationally prominent facial plastic surgeon Paul J. Carniol, renowned dermatologists Mathew M. Avram and Jeremy A. Brauer, and esteemed colleagues fills a gap in the literature.
Organized in five sections and 19 chapters, the book starts with discussions of appropriate patient selection, anesthesia considerations, relevant anatomy, and potentially toxic smoke plumes generated by laser treatments and electrocautery. Section two details fillers and fat transfers for volume restoration, neuromodulators to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and deoxycholic acid to treat submental fat. Section three covers high-energy devices and procedures such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels, vascular and pigment laser and light sources, radiofrequency, and microneedling. The final two sections feature discussion of liposuction and cryolipolysis, followed by the minimally invasive procedures threadlifting, face and neck lifts, hair transplantation, and blepharoplasty.
- Important insights on avoidance and management of adverse complications such as diplopia, ptosis, deformities, and asymmetry, as well as potentially life-threatening cerebrovascular accidents, visual loss, skin loss, and infection
- Extensive detailed illustrations and surgical photographs improve visual understanding of anatomical topography
- High-quality videos enhance knowledge of surgical nuances, potential pitfalls, and preventive measures to avoid problems
This is an essential reference for dermatology, plastic surgery, and otolaryngology residents and fellows. Practitioners who specialize in cosmetic dermatology and facial plastic surgery will also find this an invaluable surgical companion.
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
- Video 9.1: Note feather touch mode with Acupulse Surgitouch scanner being applied to right forehead on patient.
- Video 10.1: Application of phenol-croton oil deep peel in the perioral region, achieving a level 3 frost.
- Video 11.1: Long pulsed 1064 nm laser with forced-air cooling treatment of small leg veins showing immediate vessel reaction with contraction and disappearance.
- Video 11.2: Cryogen cooled 595-nm pulsed dye laser treatment with immediate tissue reaction.
- Video 11.3: Pulse stacking technique with cryogen cooled 595 nm pulsed dye laser in nasal ala area for small telangiectasias
- Video 11.4: Q-switched 532 nm laser for pigment showing immediate mild whitening of target and demonstrating mild snapping sound.
- Video 11.5: Low energy Q-switched 1064 nm laser technique for melasma.
- Video 11.6: Long pulsed alexandrite being used with no cooling to treat solar lentigo.
- Video 13.1: Radiofrequency microneedling can be seen.
- Video 16.1: Video of biostimulatory thread placement technique 1.
- Video 16.2: Video of biostimulatory thread placement technique 2.
- Video 16.3: Lifting thread placement technique 1.
- Video 16.5: Thread Pucker Redraping.
- Video 16.6: Thread trimming technique 1.
- Video 16.8: PDO thread removal with fine pickups.
- Video 18.1: How to do step-by-step safe hair transplantation.
- Video 19.1: Dr. Fedok demonstrates upper blepharoplasty.